The Minneapolis College of Art and Design has an opening for a fulltime, benefits-eligible Sustainable Design Program Director. This position has a projected start date in early January, 2018. We offer a flexible and comprehensive benefit plan including medical, dental and 403(b) pension plans. We enjoy a dynamic work environment that includes outstanding holiday and vacation time accruals. After six months of service you will receive free MCAD tuition for yourself, your spouse, and your dependent children, and your dependents may be eligible for free tuition at more than 600 colleges nationwide.
To develop, maintain, and evaluate an innovative program of Sustainable Design education for an online program that includes a 30-credit Master of Arts degree, an 18-credit professional certificate, and individual continuing education credit offerings, and to develop curricula, recruit instructors and students, as well as promote and market the program through campaigns and digital media assets. Some travel to professional conferences and events required.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Oversee program curriculum changes and enhancements, and course planning; faculty recruitment, hiring, retention, and evaluation.
• Manage program budgets.
• Act as academic advisor to all students in the programs, guide students towards appropriate courses each semester, intervene when students are struggling, respond to and address student concerns and feedback.
• Work with admissions team to market and promote the program and recruit students, respond to potential student inquiries, cultivate student, alumni, and faculty stories to be used in promotional activities.
• Manage and contribute content for the program blog and social media outlets.
• Attend conferences and events.
• Write and maintain all program materials including handbooks, accreditation documents, and course descriptions.
• Teach 6 credits or the equivalent per year in the Sustainable Design program.
Education: Master’s Degree or equivalent desired. Educational background in design or sustainability preferred.
Online teaching experience in a higher education environment.
Demonstrated evidence of professional work in sustainable design
Experience working in an academic institution
Demonstrated program management experience
Experience hiring and evaluating faculty.
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Leadership skills with strong follow through
Knowledge and experience in instructional design, teaching and/or training in an online environment.
As a condition of employment, applicants will be required to undergo a background check.
Contact our website for complete position description at www.mcad.edu/employment.
To Apply: To apply, e-mail your cover letter, resume, three professional references and salary requirements to: email@example.com
with Sustainable Design Program Director in the subject line. Priority will be given to those who respond by October 13, 2017.